I’m writing this post because I want to share with all of you a little more about myself, what I do, and why I’m writing this blog. I know this post is seven months overdue, but better late than never, right?
I’m 19 years old and grew up in New York. It’s likely you’ll find me roaming the streets of NYC, shopping or eating (or both), and definitely posting about it on here. But, unfortunately, I don’t live in the city.
If I’m not posting about New York, it’s probably about Greece or Cyprus. Being Greek and Cypriot, I spend about a month in those places every summer. Because I go there so often, and because I attended Greek school for seven years, I can read, write and speak the language. Besides English and Greek, I also know some Spanish.
Now that you know more about my background, I’ll tell you about what I do.
I am a rising sophomore at Lehigh University majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Graphic Design and Marketing.
For Lehigh’s student-run publication, The Brown and White, I have been a news reporter for the Greek Life section, a lifestyle reporter for the Student and Campus Life section, and an Assistant Lifestyle Editor. Next semester I will be an Associate Lifestyle Editor.
I am a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women. I also manage public relations and social media for Lehigh’s Hellenic Club.
I have also written for Thrive Global.
Besides everything above, I have lots of other interests and hobbies. Here are some fun facts about me:
- I love fashion, travel and food.
- I’m trilingual (English, Greek, Spanish)
- I’m a Capricorn. I rarely read my horoscope, but I always read about zodiac signs.
- I use social media, but my notifications are always off.
- In high school I ran track and took fashion design classes.
- I’m ambitious and a hard worker. I’m always starting a new project.
- If you see me reading a book, it’s probably an autobiography of a journalist.
- My Instagram feed is full of fashion bloggers, magazines, and Humans of NY posts.
What is my goal for this blog?
I love fashion. I love travel. Most of my posts will be in New York, Greece or Cyprus, as I’ve mentioned, but I hope to expand my knowledge of the different cultures and fashions that the world has to offer, and to share what I learn with all of you.
Follow my journey and see everything I’ve written on arianadimitrakis.com.
I’ve also created an Instagram account for this blog @fashionby.ari.